Sunday, March 15, 2009

Where Have I Been?

I know...I know...I have been a really bad blogger lately. Things have been tough around here the past month or so. I am basically working 3 part time jobs and raising Eli full time...plus all the normal stuff like cleaning, laundry, grocery runs, cooking, etc. It has gotten harder to work now that Eli is awake more and wanting to play. He still takes 2 really good naps (2 hours each sometimes 3 - 4 hours on a GREAT day!) but I have WAY too much to do in those couple hours. I have felt overwhelmed. Between training classes, data entry, quotes, client visits, conference calls, wedding planning, taking care of Eli...little else gets done. (maybe that's why I am behind on my laundry?? haha)
We have found a church that we love...Eastridge Community Church. It is about 10 minutes from our house and just what we were looking for. We have been going to the 9am service because that is Eli's nap time and he just sleeps in my arms during the service. We are going to start going to the Wednesday night service this week now that Lee's indoor soccer season is over. Another thing I am excited about is my new Ladies Bible Study group. We meet on Tuesday nights (my GIRL NIGHT!!) and are finishing up the Priscilla Shirer study "He Speaks to Me". We are starting Beth's Moore "Esther" next and I can't wait!

Our 1st Sunday at Church as a family (thanks Jill for taking pictures!!)

Things are still the same with Lee's job....he is the last superintendent left and has been really busy with handling it all. It is slow for them but it is steady and that is all you can hope for in this market. His boss speaks very highly of him and his work...that is the reason he is the last one there. I am so proud of him and how he handles the stress and responsibility. I married a great man. Period. :)

Eli has also been sick for a couple weeks....that is another post. An entire post. Ha!

That is where I have been the past couple weeks. I am going to update a couple more times tonight if I get the chance. I have exciting coupon/savings stories and Eli turned 6 months old on Friday. Check back!

2 comments:

Jill Hill said...

She's back!!! You have been greatly missed out here in the blogging world! ;)

I can't tell you how happy it makes me that you both love Eastridge!! There is nothing better than seeing good friends at church.

I loved what you said about Lee, how endearing. My favorite part was when you said.."i married a great man, period." That gave me chills! You DID marry a great man, and he married a great woman!!

Your little family is greatly loved by us little Hill family!

anxiously waiting for the coupon post,

Jill

Amber said...

Please know that our family is here for yours if ever needed!
(((((((( BIG HUGS ))))))))))

Also, so happy that you found a church and a bible study group. It is in a small group setting where the really powerful things happen!