Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
- Found his feet and is constantly grabbing them and holding on (am sure it won't be long before they are in his mouth)
- Loves to play with toys now - his blue monkey rattle, teething rings, colorful hungry caterpillar, glow worm are his current favorites
- He LOVES to jump!! Now he can fit into the jumperoo that you hang from the doorway - it is by far the cutest thing you have ever seen!
- He can stand up in his exersaucer and spin around to play with all the toys. His favorite are the ones that spin around and make noise. Thanks J/J for getting him this - it really helps me get things done around the house! :)
- He started really loving on blankets when he would see them so we gave him one to hold onto. He loves it! (Thanks Gretchen!) His other current nap time fave is his blabla doll from The Roscoe's. I need to name him! (any suggestions? He is a green monkey)
- We have tried rice cereal - he pushes it out of his mouth with his tongue and makes the cutest face. He really doesn't like it yet but I keep trying it every couple days.
- He HATES a bottle - little booger is so spoiled because I can nurse him (since I am at home during the day) but he has to learn how to love it again. We didn't have a problem with it when he was younger - would suck it down - but not now. He won't have anything to do with it and will actually throw a temper tantrum. We just don't back down and he will finally drink some of it when he gets hungry enough. (Don't worry - he isn't starving!!)
- Still loves to take a bath - he kicks, splashes the water and goes under the water. I was scared of the water when I was little and I don't want that for him. We put him under for the first time when he was 3 weeks old. Now once of his favorite things is to be in the shower with Daddy and go under the spray/water. He is going to start swimming lessons this summer. :)
- He hates to be on his tummy and rolling over. Will only do it every now and then. Would much rather be sitting up or standing with help. We laugh b/c his abs must be so worn out - if he is laying down he constantly does sit ups just trying to sit up by himself. Won't be long now!
- He is sleeping thru the night now from about 9pm until 8am. He started doing this on his own once he doubled his birthweight.
- He weighs about 13.5 lbs and is 25 inches long. Little booger but just as healthy as can be!
Hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Weekend!! I am going to take some 5 month pictures of Eli this weekend...will post them soon! xoxo
Thursday, February 12, 2009
***Before anyone gets upset that their blog isn't on here - I read all of my girlfriends and family blogs - those don't count b/c I comment on them. These are ones I STALK! And I don't read all of these every day - would never have the time.***
Other Mom's/Parenting Advice/So on:
Big Mama - probably my all time favorite - she is hilarious! Good dose of Texas fun!
Jessica Turner - we were pregnant at the same time - she had Elias a couple months before I had Eli. Very creative and easy to read site! If you like scrapbooking - she's your girl!
Anderson Crew - mother of 3 little ones - great photographer and I LOVE the layout and colors on her blog.
Kelly's Korner - new mom of Harper born this month - she just came home from the NICU. Kelly is just a breath of fresh air!!
NieNie Dialogues - you may of heard of this family on the news or around the Blog world. Stephanie and her husband were in a private plane crash (in August) and suffered serious burns all over their bodies. They are parents to four incredible little ones. She was in a medically induced coma for months and her sister's took the kids and kept up her blog b/c it already had thousands of blog stalkers like me. She is back...starting to keep up the blog again! Amazing story!! (you should definitely read her older posts to read the before/after)
Nesting Place - The Nester is known all around the Blog World. She is my all time favorite! Her mistreatments are incredible, cheap and easy! I am making some soon.
Heather Bullard - Simply the most BEAUTIFUL site with tons of great ideas! Love, love, love!
Bless Our Nest - tons of ideas, tons of pictures! (Note: Jill, you gotta check this girl's Halloween decorating collection!! Look at her September archives - tons of cute stuff!)
The Inspired Room - everything on how to make your home beautiful! I save pictures from her site all the time and keep them in my "Home File". She is great!!
A Little of Everything:
The Farm Chicks - such a fun, pretty site! Little bit of decorating, cooking, gifts, etc. I wish I lived near Washington so I could go to their show in June.
Style Me Pretty - just about the BEST there is! Both Melinda and my wedding were featured on here - check them out: Danielle & Lee and Melinda & Cass
Snippet & Ink - beautiful, fun and a ton of great ideas!
All Things Lovely - gorgeous pictures for every color/theme you could ever want! I just scroll thru and look at all the pics.
Blush - little bit of everything! (invitations, beautiful pictures, gift ideas, life)
Lisa Russo - Incredible children's and family photographer in the Atlanta area. If I weren't poor - I would take Eli this very minute! She also shows you how to hang groupings (of pics) in your home. Very helpful!
One Love Photo - absolutely STUNNING photos! Makes me want to have another wedding...
Just some of the ones I pray for: (most of these will break your heart but inspire you at the same time!! I will let you just read their stories instead of me telling you about them.)
Cora Paige (please be praying for her family as she went to be with Jesus this past week)
What are some of your favorite blogs? I would love to check them out.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Me, Eli and Uncle Cass on River Street
Eli taking a nap (he has started LOVING a blankie and his blabla)
Lee and Cass digging thru the trash in downtown (they came away with some actual treasures!)
All the boys went kayaking
Boys kayaking - this is the view right in front of their condo - you just walk right down to the water. We even saw dolphins right out here. They came right up to the dock and kayaks - it was so cool! We spent about 20 minutes watching them.