Thursday, September 25, 2008

Special Times...

So I haven't been the best of keeping up to date on the blog...kinda got my hands full! :) Here are some things that have taken place in the past week of Eli being home:

Uncle Cass and Auntie Melin came to cook us a scrumptious meal last Saturday...they spent the whole day with us since they live an hour away and can't drop by as much. We had a blast!!

We took Eli and the pups on their first walk....went very well! Eli slept the entire time and we of course being new parents worried about him getting cold and every little bump. Surprise, surprise he made it! haha

Uncle Luke, Aunt Missy and Cheyenne came by on Friday night to visit. Uncle Luke is IN LOVE with Eli...comes by a couple times a week to check on him. So cute!

Mom and Dad finally brought the dogs (Winston and Roscoe) back on Friday night....they are adjusting pretty well. They sleep in their beds and have only gotten into the trash one time...we will see how things go! (NEVER thought I would ever say that!)

If you don't know...my dad is a little over the moon about his new grandson. My mom stayed with us the entire first week that Eli was home (CAN I SAY GODSEND!!!!!) and my dad would come by every night just to see Eli and tell him goodnight. It is the cutest thing you have ever seen!!
Aunt Jilly came by and brought us some yummy dinner too....the best were the cookies and all the kisses Eli got! Thanks Jill, Shannon and Erin!


My grandparents all met Eli....he is one lucky, lucky guy!



And of course...Daddy loving on Eli! This picture makes my heart melt...Lee is so in love with his son. It is an amazing thing to watch! Thank you Lord for my husband and this sweet, sweet child!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last picture even makes the heart of an old goat like me melt... Beautiful baby boy!! Can't wait to meet him!!

Danielle said...

Oh...look at you falling in love with my boy! Mike...he is such a sweetie!! Come visit us soon...need a good dose of Bubba!

Love you!

Jill Hill said...

He is so beautiful, Danielle. LOVE the last picture of him and Lee. That really needs to be sent to a baby magazine!!! Oh my goodness! So sweet!

Hope you had a great week...call me if you need me!

Love being his Aunt Jilly!

Anonymous said...

great times and great pictures! glad everything is going so good for you guys!

love you!
kristin

Anonymous said...

ps. i love the picture of melinda holding eli!! she looks like a natural and so pretty!!

Tracey said...

Great pictures!! Some of my favorite pictures are of Darren with the girls... So HOT to see a grown man with their baby!!!

Motherhood agrees with you... you look great!!!

Much Love,
Tracey