Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary...

Today is our 2nd Wedding Anniversary...gosh, time flies! I can't believe it has been two years since we spent the day at Fair Weather Farms with all of our friends and family. That day was such a magical one and a day that I will never forget. I waited and waited on finding the right man...and boy did I find him! Not only is he the best husband ever (yes, Ever!) but he is my best friend...the one I go to first in joy and pain. I never imagined this type of relationship...I am so blessed! Now as I look at our son...born just two weeks ago...I am in awe of our love! We have fallen in love with this amazing child and even more in love with each other. I feel like such a family now...and don't think I could be any happier! There are many, many things that I love about Lee Copeland but here are some of my favorites.

He is calm...such a calming force in the emotional storm of Danielle. (haha!) He loves my family unconditionally and wholly. He still opens my car door every time we go somewhere. He double checks everything when we leave...iron unplugged, doors locked, etc. (annoying but cute!) He stands up for me whether with work, friends or family. He changes dirty diapers without complaining. He cleans...he cleans!! He takes pride in EVERYTHING he does. He sings silly songs to me. He actually likes to cuddle. (we won't tell the guys that!) He loves animals...such a personality thing to me...don't understand people who don't like animals. He is an extremely hard worker. He loves and enjoys my friends. He is a good friend to his friends. He understands my craziness and loves me regardless. He is my biggest supporter and champion. He tries to cook...he is learning! (Did I mention that he cleans?) He is incredibly intelligent. He is polite to everyone. (this was one of the first things I noticed about him) He puts others first in situations. He is not a yeller or one who likes to argue. He lets me cry at silly things and giggles with me. He makes me laugh everyday. He is so modest...very cute! He loves my friend's kids...just ask Sloane! He makes time for me and for Eli even when he is tired and had a long day. He smells and tastes my food...yes, I am one of those people! He believes that I can do anything. He is excited to see me, the dogs, and now Eli every day when he gets home from work...even when he is covered in dirt or extremely tired. He sees the positive in all situations. He lets me vent and actually listens and cares. He loves, loves, loves his son and it is so amazing to watch their relationship. Above all, he loves me unconditionally and with everything he's got. I am one lucky, lucky girl and I thank God each day for Lee. I love you babe!!





7 comments:

Danielle said...

You are still one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen! Happy 2nd Anniversary to you guys!! Speaking of how time flies, Doug and I are going on 7 (yes 7) years in October...my goodness where has the time gone?? The cool thing is that we still make new memories everyday. Have a great day with your family!!

XO,
Danielle

Danielle said...

Love you!! Thanks so much...

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Well. . .that's about the sweetest thing I've ever read and truer words were never written!
He is an amazing man, so attentive, so sweet and most of all, in LOVE with his bride and son!
Y'all make an awesome couple and a precious family. . . that we are very blessed to call our best friends!
Love you guys and Happy Anniversary!!!!
-me

Melinda Williams Moore said...

Happy, happy anniversary! Who knew this time two years ago that you would be holding a sweet little boy on your 2nd anniversary!

Congratulations - Cass & I love you guys big time, you sweethearts!

Tracey said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! I have to agree and say your are one of the prettiest brides I have ever seen and your wedding was perfect...breathtaking really!!! I'm glad I was able to be there and share in your day!!

Love,
Tracey

Amy J said...

Happy Anniversary! And what a great two years, huh? So my mom asked me "Is Eli as beautiful in person as he is in pictures?". And he is. So good to see you all!
Love,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Happy 2 Years of Marriage and 2 weeks of being parents!!! That timed out nicely!!

You are both so lucky to have each other and now even luckier to have made such a sweet little boy!

I love you both and we are looking forward to next week!

xoxo,
kristin