Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Great Day!!

So today has been fantastic...my dearest and bestest friend Mary came this morning to rescue me from sleepless nights and new mom syndrome! She was just what I needed (she usually always is!)...she loved on my little man which of course I love and she gave me the best gift EVER! Not only did she get me lunch at Chick-fil-a and put Eli in his crib for his first nap not in my arms (have I mentioned that I am IN LOVE with him and he usually naps in my arms or right beside me?!)...BUT she let me borrow her car and DRIVE to Blockbuster! I know this may seem like something small but when you haven't been allowed near a car since last Wednesday it is a HUGE deal! I love to drive...I love the freedom...I love the wind in my hair...I just love it! I was only gone about 15 minutes but it was amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!


Here is a pic of Eli taking his first nap in his crib...





Also big news....We are now nursing like CHAMPS! It has taken us 10 days but finally we have figured out the dance as Beka calls it. :)

8 comments:

Amy J said...

Thank God for Mary!!!! So glad to hear an update! Can't wait to come see you guys.
Love you,
Amy

Rebekah said...

I miss ELI!!!!! I better hide my heart!

Love you so!
Bek

Jill Hill said...

Yay for you!!! I can totally relate to the driving thing!! You put it into words brilliantly!

LOVE all of the pictures...oh my goodness..you guys are the picture of bliss!!

Missing Eli,

Jill

Tracey said...

Mary is the bomb!!! I remember the first time I got out of the house after having Riley.... I swear it felt like when I was 16 and just had gotten my drivers license.

I am so proud of you for sticking with the nursing! Sometimes it takes awhile to become a good team. So glad it finally clicked!!!

Much love,
Tracey

Danielle said...

That picture of Eli in the crib is so cute!! He looks even smaller in that big bed :) I'm so glad Mary could be there to give you some "you" time!!

xoxo
Danielle

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

I'm so proud of you nursing like you've always known how - it doesn't take long for you and the babe to master the art, "clicking" is a beautiful thing!
It was absolutely wonderful to be with you both! Love you guys so much!!!!!!!!
=D

Me

Melinda Williams Moore said...

I love him in his little bed! SO SWEET! And again, I echo everyone when I say, "Where would we all be without a Mary in our lives?"

She's the bomb! :)

But YOU are the bomb in the nursing world - CONGRATS!!!

I love you!

Anonymous said...

He is sooooo precious. Thanks for letting me share in the pictures and updates. You two are going to be such wonderful parents. Little Eli is a wonderfully blessed angel. Love you.
Mary C.