Saturday, September 20, 2008

Amazing love...


I cannot believe it has been a week already...time sure does fly! Eli was a week old today...what a big day huh? :) I don't want him to get any bigger or any older...is that wrong? I just am so in love with him right now at this size. He loves me unconditionally and is so attached to me right now. I will say that I do love that he loves his momma so...oh little boys!

Be on the lookout for lots of Eli posts...going to finally get around to getting the labor story down and some of my favorite memories of our long weekend at Piedmont Hospital. I have so many people to thank...girls (you know who you are) thanks for being my support! I could never have made it without each of you...and my AWESOME, INCREDIBLE husband. Have I told you all how much I love him? He was such a calm and loving rock for me during the entire process. What a man!

Here are some of my favorite things so far about Eli:
  • Little wrinkles above his forehead
  • Reddish brown hair...who would have thought!
  • His super gorgeous lips
  • Little cleft chin
  • His big ole feet
  • Tree frog legs and toes
  • The way he curls his toes as tight as he can get them when he eats.
  • Sweet breath...oh my!
  • He recognizes me when I sing "You Are My Sunshine" to him...it will quiet him in a second.
  • He loves his hands up by his face at all times.
  • He sleeps!!! (4 to 4 1/2 hours at a time all day/night long - such a good baby!)

I just got these pictures back (My uncle Doug took them for me!) and I wanted to share. It is hard to believe this was just 4 weeks ago...so much as changed!!




7 comments:

Amy J said...

He is so sweet...what a great picture! I've never seen the pregnancy pictures...wonderful. Hope you guys are doing well. I plan on seeing Eli soon.

Love you
Amy

Amber said...

Sweet breath!!! One of my favorite things about the little ones! And, a sleepy, cuddly newborn is just magical.
I know you guys are surrounded by love and attention, but let me know if I can fill in any gaps.
Love to you all!

Rebekah said...

This photo of Eli took my breath away!! Sweet little crossed feet, oh my goodness!!!
I love him, Danielle! I will see you in just a few days!

Love you, too!
Bek

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

I WANT HIM, now! :) Can't wait until Tuesday - - those pictures are breathtaking!
Savor every precious moment with your prince, he'll be celebrating his first birthday before you know it.
xoxo,
me

An anything but quiet life... said...

What a beautifuly sweet baby boy-truley a gift from God. Cherish every moment.
Love the way this pic looks like his ultrasound pic!
Congratulations to You both!!!

Melinda Williams Moore said...

I thought I had left a comment already, and lo! I have not. I must hasten to correct the error forthwith! Do not skepticise (which I confess, I wrote just to see if the computer spell checker would catch it, and NO, it did not. It said it should be "skepticism", so tell Lee I remain, well, skeptical of skepticise).

I am IN LOVE with that picture. Really. And little Eli.

*snuggles*

Tracey said...

How sweet is he!!! He just looks so snuggly! I love little boys! The pregnancy pictures are awesome... That is one thing I would do over if given the chance... I don't have hardly any pictures of myself pregnant. :(

Enjoy every single second of him!!!
Can't wait to meet your little man!!!

Love,
Tracey