Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Catching Up...

So I am in those last few weeks...sleeping is a foreign concept and blogging is the last thing on my mind. I read everyone else's but I want someone else to write mine! haha I am going to post a couple today...so get ready! Here is a catch up of things that have happened in the past week:
  • We went to the Doctor for our 37 week checkup...I had gained another 3 lbs in A WEEK! My doctor reassured me that it is just water weight but WHATEVER! I hope this comes off soon...haha! Eli is head down (finally!) and weighed about 6 lbs. All was good!

  • My family from Montana is here....Uncle Norm and Aunt Cyndi and they brought their newest addition with them....MEET ROCKY! He is the cutest thing ever! Everyone kept trying to steal him away...but they weren't amused. We ate a big ole meal at my grandmother's and had lots of time to catch up. It was just what I needed!




  • Melin and Cass gave me money for a pedicure and manicure for my birthday. It had been about 4 months...trying to be frugal people! I was treated like a queen...every pregnant lady should go when they are 9 months along. They were so nice! I love my toes (even if Lee did step on my toe and break off the edge...UGH!) and my nails look so pretty! Thanks guys!!



  • Sunday we headed to Kim and Lou's for a birthday celebration/cookout for me. It was very laidback...which again was super nice! I was having a pretty emotional day...poor Lee just takes it all in and hugs me and loves me regardless. As he says "My love for you pierces through all the rotteness...kind of like a lightening bolt". LOVE HIM! Mawmaw made me my very own pound cake which is my favorite...plus gave me fresh peaches and strawberries to put in the freezer for later.


  • Monday was Labor Day and we ran errands....got some last minute things that we will need in the hospital and for when Eli gets here. It was such a relief to get that taken care of...think we have everything we need now except for ELI! (Come on dude!)

  • Our dogs have always slept with us...we love to snuggle with them! However, we know that they can't stay in the bed once Eli gets here because I am terrified of putting him in the bed with us (every now and then after feedings - no co-sleeping in this family!) and him wallowing in dog hair. We have made the dogs sleep in their beds during the day (not on the couch) and at night. Winston does pretty well....poor little Roscoe has the hardest time. He gets up multiple times during the night and stares at me with those sweet little eyes of his...it is hard people, HARD! This was the 5th night...they decided to share a bed!

6 comments:

Melinda Williams Moore said...

Your toes look lovely! And I am loving the little puppies all snuggled in together! Poor little guys, world is a'changin'!

Jill Hill said...

and the "most beautiful feet in the world" award goes to.......

Danielle Copeland!!!

bowing in their honor,

Jill :)

Danielle said...

haha! Did you mean to say..."the most SWOLLEN feet in the world"...

Seriously love you and calling you next time I have an emotional "swollen, fat, oh my God I gained 3 lbs in one week" day! :)

Danielle said...

Hey just be glad you had the time to go and get your toes done girl!! Simpson came the day before my appointment and my gosh was I in serious need of a pedicure!!! Poor Doctor...hehehe!!

XO
Danielle

Danielle said...

Oh and I forgot to mention my unshaven legs too :0 Can you believe it??? Geez, just my luck!

Danielle said...

That cracks me up...that is what I am terrified of...unshaven legs in the delivery room! haha