Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Birthday Love!

Well, yesterday was my birthday...turned the big 32! I don't really feel any older but probably look a bit older! haha It was a quiet day...nothing big...but that was exactly what I needed being 9 months pregnant. I had a pretty rough night the night before...literally was up every hour going to the bathroom. I would just look at Lee sleeping peacefully beside me and want to strangle him...not really! haha Needless to say, I was EXHAUSTED when I had to get up to go to work. The rainy weather sure didn't help either!

After my meeting with new clients at work, I headed to Mary's to have lunch with her and Sloane. Bailey and her sweet little guy, Landon, were there too so we had a great GIRL TIME lunch! It was really nice! We laughed and Sloane sang Happy Birthday to me and I got to take Audrey to her school (she had forgotten something)....it was just what I needed. I then met my mom to run some errands and then she came over to work at my house. She was helping me get everything organized and rearranged - my bedroom and office/new guest room look great! She is the best and that was the BEST present I could have gotten!!

Lee of course was a dream on my birthday...he woke me up early whispering/singing Happy Birthday in my ear. (could literally just eat him up!) He had cards from him and the dogs and some new perfume....which was all I wanted and needed. He had a pretty good day himself too....Everyone at his work started calling him and wishing him a Happy Birthday. He kept telling everyone that it wasn't his birthday. His birthday is in February...finally he said he figured it out. I worked at Manor Homes for a time and they had gotten our birthdays mixed up...he called to talk to the office manager and sure enough my birthday was listed under February 28th which is his. BUT he got cards, lunch and a homemade pound cake! So...on his way home from work he stopped at the store...got me some flowers and fresh strawberries. He had them cut up and soaking in some sugar by the time I got home and we enjoyed "HIS" birthday pound cake for my birthday celebration! How funny was that!! :)

I got many, many calls and emails from family and friends....I am so loved and definitely blessed! Thank you all for your loving words and silly songs (Cass called me early to sing Happy Birdle Daydle) and blog posts (Mary and Melin). I love you all so!!

4 comments:

kristinandmillie said...

You are SO loved!!

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

yes, you are! it was so nice to chill and be girls for a few hours yesterday. you and bailey, what a great combo! :)
hope you get all you wished for. doll - !

Melinda Williams Moore said...

Oh, hey a new blog post! Whoo hoo! I am so glad you had a fabulous birthday!

Jill Hill said...

Happy Birthday to you again!! What a seemingly perfect day you had!! Can't wait to see you next week!! Counting down the seconds until we sit in front of the t.v. with our sweat pants and watch a little 90210!! Oh yeah!!

big hugs!