Thursday, August 7, 2008

So Yesterday...

Was one helluva clumsy day! I know they say the bigger you get in your pregnancy the clumiser you get...the whole big belly (and in my case big ladies) knocks your equilibrium completely off. That was definitely the case yesterday! I was just walking...yes, just walking in the parking lot of my mom's office when I stumbled and fell....busting up my knees, hands, ankle and my pride! I was not a tomboy as a child so I rarely had skinned up knees....THEY HURT! I sat in the parking lot for about 5 minutes crying and looking at my poor knees and hands. Finally, I made it up (no one was around to help me) and inside where my mom took care of me. I am not going to be ashamed...I was pitiful! I then went and had dinner at my parents house...was putting a plate in the microwave...lost control of it...it fell to the floor shattering everywhere AND cutting my big toe in the process! CAN I GET A BREAK HERE??

So I have a shower on Sunday...my dress comes to my knees...won't I look cute? I have been trying really hard to keep them ultra clean and tons of "Sporin" (as Sloane calls it) on both of them. Maybe they will heal really, really quick and you will never know? The funny thing is...about 8 weeks before my wedding two years ago I fell at work off a curb and sprained my ankle. A coworker was quickly by my side and all I could say was...."AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO WEAR MY HEELS IN MY WEDDING??" He was a guy...probably could careless but he was real sweet and reassured me that I should be able too. (I did too!) BUT....both of my bridal showers....cute pink silk dresses....great hair....perfect makeup....CRUTCHES and FOOT CAST!! LOVELY!! ;)

It must just be my thing....shower to celebrate something beautiful and grand...I show up looking like a beat up girl! You see why I call my blog...Dash of Grace!

3 comments:

kristinandmillie said...

you are silly!! i know i was a lot more off with my walking too when i was preggers!! don't get down on yourself. you have come this far....just be careful and take your time!!! i know it must have scared you too when you fell. i am sure your knees will be pretty as ever at your shower. eli will love this story one day though!!! :)
love you and miss talking!
k

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

hang in there, beautiful - you are gorgeous in spite of your boo-boo's. keep workin' the sporin. ;)
xoxo

Melinda Williams Moore said...

I am telling you, color coordinate your band-aids with your outfit. You'll kick off a new trend! :)