Thursday, August 7, 2008

College Days

A couple weeks ago I had the pleasure of having lunch and a mini baby shower with some of my college girlfriends. We all met at good ole Georgia College (before it was GC&SU) in Adams dorm back in the fall of 1994...oh the memories! Some of us lived beside each other...some lived together...and some just put their mattress on the other's floors b/c her roommate sucked!! (that was me...thanks Susan!)

We try to get together every couple months and they were so sweet to come to me this time since I was pregnant...you know how that goes! We met in Covington to eat some Mexican food (another throwback to our college days) and catch up. It was definitely a different scene as we pushed two tables together...one for us "older" girls and a table for their "little" girls. (Listen, if you would have told me that Shannon would have been a mom to 3 PRECIOUS girls...we would have all fainted!) She and Susan are the "mommies" out of us now and they are SUPERB moms! Maggie and I have to constantly watch our mouths and what we are saying...as to not get in trouble...Tara, she never says an evil word! :) Anyways, I could talk all day about the things we did together in college...but I don't need those reminders...haha!!


Thank you girls for a wonderful lunch and for all the gifts for Eli! I can't wait for you all to meet him...just don't tell him about his crazy momma's college days!!! Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can sleep on my floor anytime!!
We had the BEST times during freshman year.... I am so glad you lived next door!

I loved getting together the other week -- we need to do that more often. Don't forget--- we are all spending the night the night Eli comes home! HAHA!!

Take care -- no more falling!
Love ya -
Susan