Sunday, August 10, 2008

Another Great Day...

What a family little Eli has...full of friends and family that love him so! I was so lucky to have another great shower today hosted by close, close family friends...Martha and Betty. They went to high school with my dad at Druid Hills and have been best of friends ever since. The neatest part of the day is that 32 years ago when my mom was a mere 21 years old...Martha and Betty hosted her baby shower when she was pregnant with me! Isn't that the coolest thing??

My mom's family and her close girl friends all came to Betty's house to celebrate. What fun we had! Eli got a ton of great gifts...lots of precious outfits, car seat from Grandmother Glo, and tons of stuff we will use everyday like our Boppy, bath tub, Baby Bjorn carrier and so much more! It was so great to see my cousin, Laura who just moved back to Atlanta from Auburn. I am so glad she is close....now we can see each other more often! Of course Melin was there...eyeing all the soft blankets and beaming whenever anyone mentioned her being an Aunt! Literally, Eli is SO incredibly lucky to have this girl as his aunt...God certainly blessed him!
Here are some pictures of the great day...it is amazing how loved a girl can feel!!


The precious cake that Martha made!

Opening gifts...was in LOVE with this box/wrapping!


Melin, me and my cousin Laura


Auntie Melin w/ me and Eli!

My grandmother, mom and me - 3 generations!

Opening gifts - Can you see my beat up knees?? haha! :)

5 comments:

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Betty & Martha are so great - I can't believe that cake is homemade, she really is Martha. ;)

You guys all look beautiful, so glad you're day was fabulous.
xoxo!

Melinda Williams Moore said...

I am totally going to be sharing that boppy with Eli. I have never seen anything that soft! *floats off dreamily thinking of plushy boppys*

Tracey said...

I'm so excited for you and the journey you are about to begin!

By the way, I am a klutz with a capital "K" so I love the picture with your knees scabbed up. I think it is so cute!!!

Amber said...

Did you save me some cake?? :-)

It's hard to believe that Baby Eli will be here so soon! Can't wait!

You look so beautiful pregnant. You make boo-boos look chic!

Danielle said...

That is such a cool cake! Geez...it makes my chocolate chips cookies look like crumbs :( See you tomorrow!!!

xo
Danielle