Thursday, August 7, 2008

True Blue Best Friend

I didn't get to sign on last night and finish up my post to celebrate my true blue best friend Mary...will post about my eventful afternoon and evening later. For now I want to continue celebrating Mary's birthday! (I think everyone should have a birthday week instead of just one day - don't you??)

Like I said in my previous post, I met Mary when I was 15 and she was a mere 16. We were at a RCHS football game and introduced by Abigal Holt who knew Mary and was a friend of mine from church. We immediately hit it off and were BFF's! Now, we have definitely gone thru some ups and downs...hello, we are girls! But we have always had the truest blue friendship you could ever want. Here are some memories and things about Mary Hudgins (love you Chad, but she will always be Hudgins to me!):

  • Riding in our old Honda Accords listening to Indigo Girls and singing at the tops of our lungs

  • Going to Chastain (for my birthday) to see Natalie Merchant and it raining...take that back...pouring on us!
  • Always liking the same boys...this makes being couple friends so much easier...we both adore each other's husbands (in a platonic sort of way) :)

  • Getting handwritten letters or cards in the mail from her every couple weeks...even when I was in college...think I have saved them all!

  • Being an "Andelle" to her girls who are like my own...love them to pieces and couldn't imagine my life without them. (hoping Sloane will follow in my footsteps and marry a younger man...ELI!)

  • Our mutual love of invitations, stationary and GREAT handwriting!

  • Trips to PC Beach...Holly Hut...NYC...Seacrest Beach...Nashville...Charleston...Beth Moore conferences...and many more to come!

  • Bible studies at her house....praying over the phone..."God Bless You"...holding tight when scared silly...nothing better!

  • Laughing until we were crying...and I mean good ole belly laughing!

  • Sharing our families as if they were our own....we know each others aunts, uncles, cousins, great aunts, grandparents...it is priceless!

  • Being in each other's weddings...what special, special days! Plus having Audrey as my flower girl.

  • Her loving Lee and telling me I was crazy to doubt myself...constantly pushing me in his direction and love...she knew from the moment she met him that he was for me! It took me a while to get over the age difference and that he was my brother's friend.

  • Telling me I can do anything I put my mind to...especially this pregnancy! She is a consummate believer and supporter...no matter what!

  • Both of us owning up to our faults and mistakes and loving each other in the process.

I literally could go on and on and on...but then you would probably all expect this on your birthday and I don't know if I could do it! haha JK! Mary, I love you, I love you, I love you! You are the first person I call when something bad or good happens....you are my constant...thank you for being you! Hope you had a magical day yesterday! xoxo D






2 comments:

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Aren't you the sweetest girl around???
Wow, now that was a post, Doll!!
I think I'm blushing. :)
Thank u for loving me and being my best friend no matter what. I can't imagine life without you and Lee - neither could my girls, I love that!! And, that our husbands are friends, a true gift! I love you so!!!!

Jill Hill said...

how blessed you both are to have each other!! that was the sweetest post about an even sweeter girl!