Monday, July 28, 2008

Shower of Love

How do I begin to even explain the shower I had on Saturday? My closest "sisters" hosted a baby shower for me at my mom's house and it was beyond wonderful! Have you ever just had that day where you felt completely loved? That was this day for me. (and for Eli)

Melinda came up with the "Nesting" theme and the house was decorated with bird nests and bird houses - so pretty! My brother even helped handpaint all the bird houses. Gotta love him! There were 8 "sisters" who threw this lavish shower but so many more that showed up...even all the way from Perry and Rochelle! (they were surprises)
Mary helped plan the most delicious menu of foods - all of my favorites! She even made chicken salad with all of my favorite things in it - who does that? Rebekah made sure that the Brie bake was made with pasturized brie so that I could eat it - again, great friends!! My mom (who graciously hosted this event at her house) made my favorite coconut cake that is to die for! We were all fighting for the leftovers at the end of the day! (Eli and I still got the bigger piece - haha) I could go on and on about the awesome food and all who prepared it but I haven't had breakfast yet and it is making me hungry! :)
Rebekah came up with a great idea for everyone to bring a quilting square of fabric that matched Eli's nursery colors. This was a surprise - I couldn't even see the invitation until Saturday! (you know that was killing me!) Everyone brought such neat fabric - Susan (my friend from Perry) even cut out a square from an outfit she had made her son, Ben (whom I adore). Now we will put them all together and make a quilt (think there might be enough for a LARGE quilt) to put in Eli's room. I can't wait to see it all put together!

There were no silly games to be played - just talking and laughing until we cried! It is amazing to sit in a room surrounded by 20 or so of your best girlfriends in the world. Everyone went around and introduced themselves and how they knew me - it took about an hour! We all told stories and laughed and cried as the introductions took place. Eli got so many wonderful gifts - monogrammed blankets, handmade burp clothes, vintage books, activity centers, pewter rattles, and so much more. Lee even got a new camo diaper bag from Cass! Two of Lee's closest friends were even there which made the event so special. I think Lee's favorite gift of the day was the newborn onesie that said "My Daddy drives a Toyota" - Great job LauraLee!! Now my sweet Eli is going to come home in that instead of the sweet Pixie Lily outfit my mom got him! :)


Here are som extra shots of the great day - thanks again girls!!



Melissa, Me, Amy


Me opening up gifts and loving my friends!


Me and Mary


Melin so excited to be an aunt!

3 comments:

Melinda Williams Moore said...

It was the BEST day! I had so much fun, it was just a wonderful feeling kind of outing. But more importantly, I am so glad you felt so happy and loved, because that's what it was all about!

I love you, doodle bug!

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

What a great post about your day!! I loved it!!!!!! ;)
It really was so fun and a true honor to have been a part of it.
Above all, Melin outdid herself - she could be a celebrity party planner, it had that sort of feel. So nice. . .ahhh!
love you much!!!

Rebekah said...

t was a day of beauty! I have never laughed so hard. Between Danielle's story of she and mary on the night of Sloane's birth to the "car scratcher" story. Laughing to the extent I did is never good for the makeup job. As evidence by my post shower photos, I look like I laughed to death!
The big success was the perfectly executed shower theme. Melinda, you are a genius!!
And the bigger success was that Danielle felt loved and appreciated, which, hello-- she is! Have I mentioned that when she left me after staying with me and Bodie during week one of his arrival I bawled my eyes out?
I LOVE Danielle!! :)
Bek