Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Guy...

Yesterdays post was all about the wonderful women I surround myself with...how lucky am I? There was one friend that I left off yesterday...not just because he is a guy...but because he deserved his own post!
He is in a class of his very own....my only guy friend! Sure, I could have others but when you have a friend like Mike you don't need any others. Mike and I met 10 years ago this year at good old Georgia College. We were both wide eyed kids who had dreams of changing the minds of children everywhere...taking it by storm! Then we stepped foot into a classroom...haha!

I could literally type all day about this guy....here are the highlights:
  • No one on the face of the earth can make you laugh harder!

  • He is by far the most creative person I know....I keep pushing him to write a book so we can settle down on some tropical island and sip toddies for the rest of our lives!
  • He is my all time favorite roomie - he cleaned!!!!

  • Atlanta will never be the same after experiencing it with him...the walks at midnight, the crazy neighbors, Screen on the Green, Fox movie premieres, pizza, Publix shopping, homeless people, Krispy Kreme, our crazy parking deck, wacko blind dates....and so much more!

  • The BEST teacher I have ever come in contact with....we all should be so lucky to have our children learn from him! If I were rich I would pay him whatever he wanted just to have him teach my children...literally, the best teacher on the planet!

  • Amber introduced us to concerts...but Madonna will always be ours! (no matter the cost)
  • Disney World takes on a whole new meaning when Mike Rawls steps onto the premise...right Daveed!

  • In sickness and health...we have dealt with the big ones and the small ones...this friendship can handle it!

Basically, Mike is the most geniune friend a person can have. There is no pretense, no bullshit, no judging....true blue friendship! My life however full of women friends could never be complete without this guy in my life. He is my love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww... All my own. I SWEAR I wasn't looking for attention! ;-) That made my DAY! No matter how much time, distance, or other women (haha), come between us, you will always be my SISSY! LOVE YA!

Anonymous said...

i love the last picture of you!! you are beautiful!!!!
love,
kristin

ps i am so jealous you have a mike and i don't!

Amber said...

Greta,
How lucky we are to have Daveed!
Love,
Sasha