Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Girls...

Women are by far the luckiest in this world....our friendships with other women satisfy a craving like no other. It is like finding the perfect pair of jeans or a great pair of heels...once you've found them you hold on to them for dear life! I have been ridiculously blessed with phenomenal women in my life and couldn't imagine a day without them. Here is an ode to each one:
  1. Ginny - my mother, my friend, my rock. Her smell can comfort me more than words. Her tiny hands are my strength.
  2. Melinda - my soul mate and my sister. There are no words for the joy, happiness and love she has brought into my life. I have waited a lifetime...
  3. Mary - my dearest and bestest. We are the old pair of jeans that you never let go of...my life without her doesn't work.
  4. Nicole - my truest and lovliest friend. No amount of space or time can come between our friendship and love...we are always on the same page.
  5. Kristin - my cousin, my friend. We have known each other the longest and she teaches me everyday how to be forgiving, loving, and a better woman.
  6. Melissa - my twin. We love the same things...love the same way...want the same things. She is my other half.
  7. Beka - my supporter and teacher. She loves and supports and teaches without abandonment. She is ever constant.
  8. Amber - my treasure. She knows every part of my soul...the good, the bad, the ugly. She can make you laugh like you have never laughed and always puts in the time to be an incredible friend.
  9. Danielle - my sunshine. Her laughter and sweet hugs make me smile. She loves with her whole heart.
  10. Amy - my joy. To know her is to love her....you will never experience more joy in a friendship than with her.
  11. My aunts - my mothers, my wisdom, my everything. I have been blessed with incredibly strong and beautiful aunts...they teach me everyday about love, marriage, relationships...and so much more! My life would not be complete without them.
  12. Jennifer - my newest and most fun. Her laugh will make you melt. Her joy for life will make you strive to be a better person.
  13. Susan - my teacher, my mother in law. She gave me the greatest gift I could ever want...my husband. Kindness is her middle name...I owe so much to her.
  14. My grandmothers - my heart. I have been blessed with two amazing women who live life and love to the fullest. My life is because of them.
  15. Kim - my friend, my other mother in law. She loves me unconditionally and without reserve...rare to find!

The list could go on and on....I try to surround myself with wonderful women. I went on Sunday to see Sex and the City with Mary...beyond being great it reminded me of my friendships with all of these amazing women. My favorite parts in the movie are when the testament of friendship is shown. Women just know how to fight for, comfort, support, teach, and love one another. One of my favorite books, Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge says this...

"Women friends unabashedly dive into matters of the heart. The gift of friendship among women is a treasure not to be taken lightly. Women friends become the face of God to one another - the face of grace, of delight, of mercy. To have a woman friend is to relax into another soul and be welcomed in all that you are and all that you are not. When God gives a friend, he is entrusting us with the care of another's heart."

Treasure your friendships....let those women know today how much you adore them!

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

Thank you for the shout out. :) I have been missing your blogging so much!
I hope to see you in person, soon!

Love you!
Bek

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

AWWW!! You have successfully filled all of our love tanks!!! Thank you!!! :)

Love to the moon and beyond!~
M

Anonymous said...

how sweet!! i love you like the sister i never had and always needed. thank you for the kind words..
kristin

Danielle said...

"you are my sunshine, my only sunshine" :) thank you for the sweet words! and i have posted for you one time, after we saw you at the beach i think :) but i will definitely make it a habit now!!! you are going to have to teach me about this blogging stuff...i'm a blogger virgin!!! love you and eli!

xoxo
danielle

Anonymous said...

Ok, I know I have a penis, but let's face it, I'm one of your girls too... So maybe we should edit the title to say, "My Girls... and My Gays." ;-) Love ya!

Melinda Williams Moore said...

Seester, oh my seester - I love it! Now I know what you were mysteriously blogging about this morning. It is a wonderful feeling to come home and see a post that has an "I love you" in it.

Love!

Amber said...

Lucky me to be a part of such a stellar group of ladies. Thank you for the love!!

Now, about Mike... I think he deserves his own personal post. :)

arosengart said...

I'm catching up on your blogs! I've been such a slacker! This was such a sweet one!! Love, A