Monday, June 9, 2008

5 Random Things About Me

Okay so Mary tagged me...got to come up with 5 random things about me that some of you may or may not know. I am not sure I want some of these things out and about! haha

1. I always have gum in my purse but not the kind that you would think. My grandmother has always chewed Freedent which won't stick to most dental work (hehe!) and I fell in love with it. So if it is old woman denture gum you want I WILL HAVE IT!

2. I am addicted to Celebrity magazines and websites - http://www.perezhilton.com/ and http://www.celebrity-babies.com/ are my top two favorite websites with US Weekly taking the reigning magazine spot. My dad even got me a subscription to US Weekly for Christmas this year - love him!

3. I have a torn ear lobe (my dog tag as my mom calls it) on my left ear. I was wearing hoop earrings in the 7th grade - was loading onto the bus to go to a football game - I was a cheerleader. A friend accidentally snagged my earring and almost pulled it thru - two years later, many earrings later it completely separated at a Lock In at my church. I have never gotten it fixed - just think, you could always identify my body! :) (just kidding)

4. I am one heck of a picky eater - make most people taste or smell my food before I will eat it especially if I am eating out. Too long of a story to go into...but it is true!

5. Even though I have naturally curly hair....it was straight for a long time. I was born with stick straight stringy hair - as it got longer it would have a slight wave to it. In the 6th grade, I chopped it off to my ears - wanted a bob like all the Egyptian girls in the Bangles "Walk Like an Egyptian" video. (it wasn't the best look for me) Once it started growing out it got curlier and curlier - by 8th grade I had a full head of curly hair and it has been that way ever since! I straighten it most of them time now but my dad's favorite is still when I wear it curly. Hope you enjoy some Bangles...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you would have posted that picture where you look like a miniature middle-school version of Julia Sugarbaker. ;-)

Danielle said...

Yeah....ABSOLUTELY NOT! Those were some rough years...haha!

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

thanks for meeting my challenge and renaming it, much better title, Doll!
xo,
me

Danielle said...

Freedent??? You are WAY to cool (or weird) for me :) I think that is the only thing I didn't know!!! Love you!

Danielle

Anonymous said...

love this post!!! sorry for the delay...my computer crashed AGAIN a few days ago!
phone tag......ur it!!!!!!

kristin

Melinda Williams Moore said...

Walk like an Egyptiuuuuuuun. Walk like an Egyptiuuuuuun. Doo dooo do do doo do do do, do do do do do...

OH, I'm sorry. I was singing to your video post. I LOVE THE BANGLES!

Eternal Flame for this post!

(I need more caffeine).

Anonymous said...

ps i absolutely LOVE your hair curly too!! i have always secretly wanted your curls...

love,
ur cuz & mill~

Anonymous said...

Danielle,
I had to read 1) about 3 times before I realized you kept gum in your purse & not a "gun".
Uncle Doug