Wednesday, April 9, 2008

So Thankful

I am so thankful today...for my sweet little angel growing in my belly. I am 17 weeks today and have known for 13 weeks about this miracle. Most of you may not know what it was like for me to find out I was pregnant. It was an ordinary Wednesday morning and I was working from home. Around 10:30am I decided to take another test (the previous one a couple days before was negative)...I really wasn't expecting for it to show two pink lines. But it did! It was a beautiful day and I remember looking out the window and crying out to God and thanking him for this precious child. I then fell to my knees right there in the bathroom and started praying and crying and laughing all at the same time. God had blessed me with a child! Now there had been no hardships before...no miscarriages, no years trying, no fertility drugs....we had been TRULY blessed!! But I still felt like it was a miracle...I guess we all do.

The other day I was searching thru my daily blogs and came across this blog...and my life was changed. I was blown away by Todd and Angie's love for their child and trust in God. I went back and read all the posts and cried the entire time. I promise that if you read this you will never be the same person again. Angie just like me had that moment in time where you find out you are going to have a child and you are thanking God. Then weeks later her life was changed....her baby was not going to make it. Instead of giving up on this child she decided to do what so many of us would not do...she decided to carry this precious girl until she was full term no matter what. This entire family pulled together and loved this sweet baby just as if she were already here. They knew that she would not live past delivery but that didn't stop them. Audrey Caroline was born on Monday and spent about two hours with her parents and three sisters...to read about it will both break your heart and inspire you.

I wanted to share this with you to remind you how thankful I am for this blessing that I have been given. I will not take this role of mother lightly and will try even harder in memory of sweet Audrey. Please if you get a chance...read this blog and let it change your life.

http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, wow that was such an inspirational story of audrey caroline. we are so blessed! stephen and i just read it and we are both up to our neck in tears. they truly are an inspiration. i cannot wait until tuesday by the way. i know you and lee are so excited. i will be expecting a phone call around 8pm!
love you,
kris