Sunday, April 20, 2008

Girl's Day

All of us need a girl's day every now and then! Today was the day for me and some of my best girls...what a day! There are about 5 of us that try to get together about once a month since we all lead such busy, busy lives. Four of us (me, Amy, Bek and Melin) were able to meet in Decatur today for a day of catching up and good ole girl time. We met at Bek's to see her newly painted house (which by the way, looks FANTASTIC) then headed downtown to eat at Sweet Melissa's. We ended up sitting outside for about 2 hours or so...we had lots to catch up on! After we stuffed our faces (girl's day is all about eating yummy food...that is not always good for you!) we walked around Decatur and shopped. It was a perfect day! I think we all needed it...

Tomorrow is going to be another kind of girl's day. One that I hope I never have to go to again. My good friend from college, Jessica, will be burying her little sweet Zach. He was born at 23 weeks and fought a very hard fight for six months. His little lungs just couldn't handle the fight any longer and he was granted his wings on Saturday morning around 10:30am. All of us Phi Mu girls are gathering tomorrow in Athens to support Jessica, Kyle and Maddie Grace. Please remember this family as I know the next couple weeks and months will be very difficult.

2 comments:

Melinda Williams Moore said...

"It takes a long time to grow an old friend."

It was a fabulous day - good weather, good friends, and kickin' new painted houses!

We need to make sure we get a photo of all of us together next time. I was searching for one, and we have variations on the five, but not all together.

Today will definitely be tough. But as Rebekah said yesterday, sometimes all it takes is showing up, which you always do. I'll be thinking about their family today.

On another note, I can't believe I am not in Athens today on the one day you are in the area.

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

hey love. you've been such a good friend to this family - standing in the gap with them and supporting them through this valley. thinking of you today and praying for jessica and her family - hang in there, chin up!
love you,
me