Thursday, April 24, 2008

Growing Belly and Little Kicks



Well, I have been so busy with work this week that I haven't posted in days...I am so sorry! I was 19 weeks on Wednesday and feel great. As you can see my belly is just growing, growing, growing...I love it! My pants are really starting to not fit even with the belly band. I went and tried on some maternity pants today and can't find any that I really love. They are either too tight in the waist and fit perfect in the butt or either perfect in the waist and way too big in the butt. Even when I am pregnant and gaining weight I still don't have a butt!!

Food is still my best friend...but now the middle school cravings are gone! Thankfully!! I am eating tons of turkey sandwiches (heated of course) and veggies. My body is thanking me daily...haha! The only annoying thing is that I am so hungry in the morning that my normal breakfast of fiber cereal and a banana just doesn't cut it. I have to eat like a lunch or dinner meal since I don't really like eggs and bacon. Lately, I have been eating a turkey and swiss cheese sandwich with some hearty wheat grain bread. YUM!

The best thing is that I felt the baby kick or move around tonight!! This week I have been thinking I could feel little kicks but this was DEFINITELY it. It was incredible! Secretly, I am glad that Lee doesn't get to experience this...it is so special to have this time with little man all to myself. I am totally in love with him! I had a dream last night and could see what he looked like...he was beautiful!

Anyways, we are off to a busy weekend...Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban concert tomorrow night...then the Inman Park Festival on Saturday. My office is having a big ole party during the Festival...it should be fun! I think I am going to sleep on Sunday....

3 comments:

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Yea!!!! Nothing like feeling that perfect little creation kick and move in your womb. I'm so glad you're feeling Baby Eli and he can bump around to say hello, good morning, eat more chicken - whatever. It's neat to have the constant reminder of the life that's forming - - thanks for sharing your exciting news!!!
Love you big!!
-M

Melinda Williams Moore said...

I have been so lagging in my commenting! You already know that I am excited about the kickin' and twirlin' that baby Eli is doing...I had a blast on Saturday, and hope Atonement didn't make you cry like a baby!

OK - off to Mary's blog, as I owe her some commenting too!

Anonymous said...

i am so excited that you are finally feeling eli move around in da belly! that is such a wonderful experience...one that i could never explain in words. you just have to feel it to understand how amazing it is. pregnancy is a miracle in itself!
love,
kristin