Monday, March 31, 2008

Wedding Weekend

What a fun weekend! My cousin, Justin, got married on Saturday in Madison to his beautiful bride, Meghan. The rain held off just long enough for their outdoor ceremony and all the guests made it into the tent....THEN it POURED! We were oblivious to the rain and freezing weather...we danced and danced and had the best time. Meghan looked beautiful as always and the two of them just glowed! They were so happy...

My other cousin, Jason and his daughter Amelia flew down from Boston and stayed with us on Sunday night and Monday. We had such an incredible time with them. Amelia is almost 4 and we hadn't seen her in about two years. She is such a polite, sweet young girl. To say that she loved our dogs was an understatement....she ADORED them! She played with them all day on Sunday...then she helped me cook dinner (baked ziti, salad, homemade ranch) which was a lot of fun for both of us! She enjoyed sitting on Lee's lap and looking for deer in our backyard...too bad they never appeared! I was so sad to drop her off today at the airport...she kept waving and blowing kisses to us until she couldn't see us anymore.

The 3rd cousin (but not the last) Kristin is due any day now with baby Millie. I was so proud of her for coming to the wedding and dancing away the night. Not that she would have missed her baby brother's wedding! She looked like a million bucks and we had a great time running to the bathroom in the rain as pregnant women need to always do.

We had a fabulous weekend with family....the best kind of weekend to have! I am happy to be pregnant, thankful for my close relationship with my cousins and excited about our growing family! Here are some pictures from the weekend:

1 comment:

Melinda Williams Moore said...

Little Amelia is so beautiful! I must say, chasing her around the wedding was a hoot.

Great pictures of everyone, and how fantastic does Kristin look?

Good times, good times. I am glad I had you to snuggle with, versus our somewhat smelly guys.