Tuesday, March 4, 2008

12 Week Appointment

Wow!!! What a great day! We headed to my OB/GYN appointment this morning and got good news. I had finally gained some weight...my doctor was more than pleased! I guess it is all the bean burritos I have been eating. haha! We got to hear the heartbeat which is still so neat to me. I don't think I could ever get tired of listening to it! Then we headed over to another doctor's office to get the Nuchal Translucency Test. I know, I know...why?? Honestly, I just wanted to see my baby again and insurance will pay for it. We got 25 minutes with the ultrasound tech and had the best time. She really took her time with us and showed us everything. The baby looked great and is measuring 12 weeks...Praise God! The little one just waved at us and jumped all around. Lee couldn't believe that I couldn't feel the baby moving around. I can't wait until I do!!

We drove home in the storm (after eating at Gladys Knight Chicken and Waffles...yum!) and then discovered that a tree had fallen over in our yard. Great! It had crashed thru our fence and landed in the back yard. Thankfully, not on the house or the pergola that Lee just built this summer. We also found a squirrel's nest in the top of the tree...two of the babies didn't make it but we found another one who was alive. We nursed it for about 5 hours waiting to hear back from the wildlife rehab....then it passed away. Lee is devastated! He had always wanted a pet squirrel and had hoped to talk me into keeping it. We tried our best though....

Well, after this crazy day...we are going to eat some dinner and get in the bed. I did make Lee go borrow a VCR from his brother so we can watch the baby video. Who still uses these???

2 comments:

Melinda Williams Moore said...

Oops - ignore my email now. I was asking about the video, and lo! here is the information I needed right here. I can't believe a tree fell in the yard - yikes. I once tried to keep 2 pet baby squirrels. They didn't make it either, but I in all my 10 year old glory, gave them a magnificent funeral. Ashley Collier read some psalms. Let me know if you need my services. :)

Love you, and baby too.

Rebekah said...

I love your blog, angel... it is glorious!! What a story about the storm, fallen tree and squirrels. You will never forget the 12 week check up. Wow.

Just so you know: We are going to intown quilters as soon as you know what you are having. I want to return the fave.

Love you!!