Monday, March 3, 2008

This is going to be such an exciting year…as we are expecting our first baby! We found out on January 9th and I am now almost 12 weeks pregnant. I have always wanted to be a mom and was so thrilled when I saw those 2 lines! It will be the first grandchild on both sides so needless to say our family is excited!

I didn't think I would have morning sickness but I was plagued with "ALL DAY SICKNESS" which was the worst. For about 5 weeks I couldn't eat that much and was on medicine all day. I kept telling Lee that he better hope there were 2 or 3 babies in there because I wasn't doing this again! haha Now I am feeling better and able to eat...thankfully! I started out just craving fried chicken salads especially the Oriental Chicken Salad from Applebees. I think the To Go girl knows my name and car...yikes! Now I call my cravings "middle school cravings" because I want things like Hot Pockets, Taco Bell and Fruit Roll Ups. I haven't eaten most of these things in years...but they are all I want.

I was at a bridal shower yesterday for my cousin who is getting married at the end of this month. I had to leave and make a Taco Bell run so that I could get not one but TWO bean burritos! What is happening to my good eating habits? I don't want any veggies...except broccoli every now and then. I really hope I don't gain 80 lbs!!

We go to the doctor tomorrow for my 12 week appointment. We will get to hear the heartbeat and are getting the 1st trimester/NT test just so that I can get another ultrasound. I can't wait to see my little one! Dying to know what it is...we find out on April 15th!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am as thrilled as you are!! My little girl getting ready to have a baby herself!! My, how the time flies by....oh and by the way, I didn't see any mention of me in your favorite things....just goes to show the type of appreciation you are going to be in for in the next 30 years!!haha..love MOM

Melinda Williams Moore said...

Love it - I am so glad to see you've started a blog. I have an old one that I didn't do much with through Blogger. Maybe you will inspire me to start it back up.