Monday, July 28, 2008

Couple Friends


You know when you get married you kinda have to be friends with your spouse's friends as well? And you just pray and pray and hope that you all get along....well, these two hit the spot!

Lee has known Jonathan since he was about 5 years old and they have been best of friends since about middle school. Jonathan was a bachelor when Lee and I first started dating and was always one of my favorites. He is the SWEETEST guy you have ever met...but not too sweet if you know what I mean. He graciously helped Lee put in our hardwood floors when we bought our house. If you have never done this...you have NO idea how much work goes into it! (well, especially when you have two analytical, perfectionist guys) Lee and Jonathan talk in their own language even...straight movie lines! Tommy Boy being one of their all time favorites...

Jonathan soon started dating Jennifer and I will never forget the first time I met her. They came over to our house to watch a movie and order some pizza....I don't even know if we watched the movie. We talked and laughed and laughed some more! Jennifer is the type of person that you feel like you have known your entire life after 5 minutes - everyone loves her! We now eat dinner with them once a week at one of our houses. (with our menagerie of 5 dogs!)

They just got married this past September (such a great month for weddings) and will not be traveling far for their anniversary this year as it is near my due date. Jonathan (and Jennifer) is super excited about Eli coming and he doesn't want to miss a thing! How can you not love that?? We are their "pregnant people" and I love it!

This past Saturday Jennifer drove me to my shower and kept me laughing the entire time. I am really surprised we made it actually! She helped me get dressed, wrap my hostess gifts, load and unload my car, and so much more. She was a dream! Jonathan was helping Lee build a shelf in Eli's room - which by the way, looks amazing! I am so mad that I don't have a picture of me and Jennifer from the shower (especially since it was her 1st baby shower) but I wanted to let them both know that they are loved in the Copeland home. We are beyond blessed in the friendship department!

4 comments:

Melinda Williams Moore said...

How can anyone NOT love the Jennifer Peekness? She totally rocks, I agree. As does her husband, of course. And that cute little fluffy dog of hers, too!

Anonymous said...

AWWWW!!! I can't believe I got my very own posting!! Well with Jonathan.. and we know how that goes.. once you are married, you share EVERYTHING :) I do agree with Melinda in the fact that I do rock! However, Danielle, you are amazing to me and am so glad we have become such good friends. Your friends amaze me too in how much they truly love and care for you. You have an AWESOME group of girls!

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonathan chose well!!! :)

Rebekah said...

Danielle,

I only sat beside Jennifer for 1/2 an hour and I am in love! How honored are you to be her 1st baby shower?

What a blessing she is!

Love you!
Bek