Sunday, November 23, 2008
The stinkpot turtle is certainly properly named, and if you ever have a close up encounter with one you will find this out rather quickly. The yellow like solution they secrete is so foul smelling it is likely to induce nausea in a person that is not blessed with a strong stomach.
Well, if you have been around Eli you will know that the boy has some gas and LOVES to poot!! Now they don't really smell but the nickname and the poots go hand in hand....I mean, look at this cute face...he does look like a little stinkpot doesn't he? And lucky me...He is MY stinkpot!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
The boys after their win - Lee is impersonating Eli! He makes this face when he is being rotten - one of our favorite things! Not so cute on Lee though. haha!
Kate, Tommy, Brooke and Grant having fun!
TROUBLE!! These two were mess pots all night!
Here are some photos of how I decorated the house - on a budget but tried to capture the fall season!I usually hang my Christmas cards on these ribbons in my kitchen. Originally, I was going to hang up pictures of each couple with us but I don't have all of them printed out (all on my computer). So what I ended up doing was writing a little "thankful" note for each couple and attaching with a mini clothspin and adding a colorful leaf from our yard. Turned out cute!
This was our dessert table - added a ribbon and some cedar to my pig menu holder. We have a ton of our wedding napkins left over - chocolate brown w/ our name on them. Perfect to use for dessert at parties!!
We were using paper bowls and plates to save on clean up so I decided to dress up the silverware. I wrapped each silver spoon in a napkin (white or brown) and then tied it with a coordinating ribbon (brown or green). Perfect!!
Our fireplace in the den - went to my mom's house early in the day and got some greenery from her yard. Used cedar branches, pinecones and mini pumpkins for the mantle. I always have a ton of pinecones to use during the holidays - did a whole arrangement (w/ votive candles) in the actual fireplace. Add the pumpkin that Kim and Lou got us last year and the look was complete!
- Every morning Lee unwraps him around 7am when he wakes up - he has been in the swaddle so he likes to stretch and pass some gas...well, a lot of gas! When he is all done pooting he smiles the biggest smile and is ready to play!
- He found his hands last week and sucks on them all the time. You can hear him in the next room - hasn't figured out yet that his thumb could go in there. He still likes his paci though.
- Coos and makes all kind of noises when you are talking to him or during tummy time.
- Loves to smile - right now, I think my dad can make him smile more than anyone. (well, I think I may be a close second - the boy does love his momma!!)
- Loves to take a bath and really loves for you to let him swim a bit. (we hold his head and let his body float in the tub - he smiles and kicks his legs - cutest thing!)
- He takes 2 long naps - one in the morning for about 3 hours and then another one in the afternoon for 2 to 3 hours. So great for me to work during these hours and then I can spend time with him when he is awake.
- Bedtime for him right now is 9pm (after his feeding and bath) and he sleeps until about 7am. He back and forth right now on sleeping thru the night - if he wakes up it is at 3am or 3:30am - he eats and then is right back down. I am not pushing getting him to sleep thru the night until he is around 10lbs. Usually 2 or 3 nights a week he sleeps all night so I know he is close.
- He still loves his swing, being outside, riding in the car, being read too, having tummy time and being with people who make him smile.
- He is very content now - no more crying for long stretches at night. (two weeks of hell!)
- He is really laid back - nothing upsets him - can sleep thru any noise or loud party (like last Saturday night!).
- He loves Winston and Roscoe and they are warming up to him. Roscoe will actually go and drop his ball in front of Eli's swing when he is swinging as to say "Come on - throw the ball!" It is really, really cute!
I will post some new pics soon - gotta get them downloaded off of my parent's camera - check back soon!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
My most favorite moment...when Eli made her an Auntie!!