Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Melin!!


Happy, happy birthday to my sister...my best friend...my soul mate. God brought her into my life...my brother made her my sister. I am truly blessed! We went to the same high school a year apart....never friends because of other loyalties to friends and boys that came between us all. I moved back to Conyers in 2003 from Perry and she from Cali...both living at home with our parents after years of our freedom and own places. With a couple friends a book club was started and after one book...the book club was over but a friendship between the two of us was blossoming! She was my girly, girl friend who introduced me to Alias and Lord of the Rings...I introduced her to Young Adult novels. We shared a love of any kind of book, girly movies, tiaras, eyeliner (or really any kind of makeup!) and so much more. We had best friends who were twins...and finally felt like we had found our twin. She met my brother in the Fall of 2004 and the rest was history...what a love story! (that is for her to tell) I am forever grateful to Mary and Beka for jumpstarting a friendship that would later turn into a lifetime of sisterhood!

Melin, I love you and hope your birthday is a TREMENDOUS one! xoxo

One of my most favorite moments...the day she became my sister!


My most favorite moment...when Eli made her an Auntie!!

2 comments:

Jill Hill said...

hey!! i am just getting caught up on your posts...where to start?? well this post about melin brought tears of sweetness to my eyes. you guys are the cutest friends in the world. i so remember when you guys first started hanging out, you two were peas in a pod, and still are.

i love melin and you both so much!!

happy birthday, melinda!!!!!!

and the previous post, the pic of you and eli??? oh my goodness...too precious for words. that is one of the sweetest pictures i have EVER seen.

love him, you and y'all!! :)

xoxo!!

~Jill

Melinda Williams Moore said...

Oh, my goodness, what a wonderful post to come home to on my birthday! Thank you so much for all of the love! We've made the most of making up for lost time in the years we've been friends! I mean, sure, not all people decide that after becoming friends they should just join the darn family, but when we go "friends", we go all the way! I love you, my seester, thank you! And hey, best present ever seeing Winston and Roscoe home safe and sound last night. WHEW.