Friday, December 26, 2008

Sad Day


***UPDATE*** Here is what Geoff told us today:


They discovered that Anna had an unusally small spleen. The spleen is an organ in the upper left side of the abdomen that filters the blood by removing old or damaged blood cells and platelets and helps the immune system by destroying bacteria and other foreign substances. Because her spleen was so "tiny" it could not destroy whatever bacteria that she came into contact with. While it will be possible for them to discover what bacteria it was, we will more than likely never know where she came into contact with it. We should know the type of bacteria in a few days. Anna's cause of death was a bacterial infection. There was no way to know that about her spleen. There was no way for her to avoid bacteria. We all come into contact with it every day. This was her time, and I am comforted to have this information. God was ready for Anna. I guess, like the poem that an old friend sent me, God was in need for some younger prettier Angels. He sure got a good one. We will miss her greatly.


Please pray for our good friend and my mom's business partner, Geoff. His 11 year old daughter, Anna died this morning. We don't know exactly what the cause was because it happened so fast. She ran a high fever last night and was vomiting and by the time they got to the doctor this morning things were progressing very fast and getting extremely serious. This family is not only in shock of losing their precious daughter but also because they don't understand what happened. Geoff loved his girls like any other father...but they were also his life! He drove them to and from school almost every day - was at every event - took them shopping - and spent such quality time with them. He ADORES his girls...they were his love and his joy! Please remember this family over the next couple days, weeks and months. Geoff is a strong Christian and so was Anna...he is receiving the peace that she is in heaven healthy and happy. Please remember Anna's mother (Elizabeth) and sister (Kristen) as they are really struggling...as you can only imagine. Thank you for remembering this family in your thoughts and prayers!



Geoff with my parents in Montana



Sweet girl

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh Danielle...please let us know if there is anything else we can do. Our thoughts and prayers are with Geoff and his family.

Love,
Danielle

Rebekah said...

Danielle,

I am so sorry. Words fail me. Oh my God. I will pray, I promise.

As always-I love you,
Bek

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Hey Love!
I have not stopped thinking of them - this is horrific. . .my prayers are being lifted continually!
Love you!!
me

Jennifer Michelle said...

Danielle,

Jason and I are saying our prayers for Geoff and his family. I couldn't sleep last night thinking of this beautiful little girl and her family. Very true, what you wrote on your blog "God was in need for some younger prettier Angels"

Thoughts and prayers,
Jason and Jen

Laurie from GA said...

I'm a "blog friend" of Jill Hill's and linked over to your blog. What a very sad story! I've been pitying my family because we've had the stomach flu for the past two weeks.
How small my problem is!!!

I'll join you in praying for this family.

Danielle said...

Thanks so much for all your prayers!! I know that Geoff and his family appreciates every thought and prayer sent their way. Love you guys!

Amber said...

Thank you for posting an update. This little angel and her family/friends have been on my mind and in my prayers ever since reading your first post. How quickly life can change. Ever more reason to cherish every moment we get. I love you dearly and am so sorry for all you and your family have faced recently.

Nicole said...

This is so incredibly sad Danielle. Praying for peace that surpasses all understanding for the family.

Jill Hill said...

thank you for the update, danielle. this family has been in my prayers since reading this post a few days ago. i am sad beyond words for such a tragedy for this dear family. i cannot even imagine their pain. i will continue praying for their peace and comfort.

much love,

jill