Monday, December 22, 2008

Happenings...

I finally got some pictures downloaded so hello long post of pictures...haha! We went to a wedding of some good family friends the weekend after Thanksgiving. It was wonderful! Such a fun crowd - plus Susan kept Eli for us so we had a date night!! Thanks to Melin for letting me borrow her ultra classy black dress so I didn't have to buy yet another wedding dress. The first weekend of December, Cass came over and we went to Downtown Covington's Christmas Parade. Very cold and kinda boring (don't tell anyone!!) we headed to the local ice cream/coffee shop to get some warm beverages and then headed home. We at least got some cute pictures of Eli is his cute blue snow suit. (Thanks to Alexis!) Then on Sunday we headed to my parents for the Colbert Family Christmas. (my mom's side) Dad cooked an unbelievable ham and the side dishes were AMAZING! No casseroles for this party - we like veggies - butternut squash, fried okra (OMG!), roasted asparagus, steamed brussel sprouts, green beans, cranberry/butternut squash rice medly. We did throw some mac n cheese in there and some of Glo's homemade biscuits - YUM! But then the desserts rolled out - it was ridiculous! AND everything was homemade...Kelli's Chocolate Eclairs (she even made the pastry puff), Cranberry Upside Down Cake, Strawberry Cheesecake, Pumpkin Chiffon Pie (my favorite) and Pecan Pie. I honestly think I gained 10lbs while there...or at least after I ate my 2nd ham sandwich today! :)

Our Date Night

Us with Lee's brother, Joey and his girl Chrissy

The Copeland side of family - Lou, Kim, Joey, Bobby and us

Me and Eli at the Parade - brrr!!!

Uncle Cass lovin' on Eli

Colbert Family minus a couple people - Mom wasn't feeling well and Lee was taking the pictures.

Love these people!

OMG! Are they ready or what?? (Hint Hint!! Make me an AUNTIE!)

Me and my dad making Eli laugh - one of my favorite moments!

HeHe!! LauraLee and Brock gave us this onesie - so perfect for Lee! I had to take a picture since he looked so cute and was sitting in Lee's lap with camo on. Such a redneck boy! :)

3 comments:

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

well, such cute pics, momma! thanks for giving us the copeland update!!
yes, melin - y'all officially look ready. . .so, what's up? :) put me in the "ready for you to have a baby" group!
love the pics of you and your dad with eli!!!! those moments as a mom are some of my favorite - nothing like papa with my kids!!! love that you know first hand how incredible that love feels!! :)
xo,
me

Danielle said...

You and I are definitely daddy's girls...gotta love ole Daniel and Milton! :)

Melinda Williams Moore said...

Aw, good pics. And good happenings! This December has been a whirlwind, it seems. Everything flew by!

Love you, and we'll have to see about making you an auntie at some point in the next decade. *blinks innocently*