Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Weekend Fun

I know I have been so slack on blogging lately...but it is hard to find the time right now to sit down and pick out the pictures and think about what to type. I am going to post a couple posts in the next day so check out what has been going on in our life!!
This past weekend was very busy...but so fun! My cousin, Jason came to stay with us on his way back from Florida...he lives in Boston with his daughter, Amelia. His girlfriend, Jen, came with them and we had a great visit! Amelia was IN LOVE with the dogs...they were so sad to see her leave since she is the ONLY person in 6 weeks to pay them any attention. haha! We all had dinner at my parents house and went to my grandmother's church to walk thru Judgement House. We slept in late and caught up over bagels and coffee. Jason couldn't get enough of Eli and held him and loved on him the entire time. We enjoyed you guys so much! Come back anytime!!


Then Friday night we had Jason and Michelle's rehearsal dinner in Atlanta at Coco Loco which is the BEST Cuban food in Atlanta! I had never had Cuban food (and we know how picky I am with food) and I ate every morsel...so yummy! YOU MUST GO!! Eli went with us to the rehearsal and then the rehearsal dinner. He did so good...slept the entire time...except the last 15 minutes. Everyone enjoyed seeing him!

Me and Eli at Coco Loco

Saturday was a DAY! Eli didn't sleep very well on Friday night so I was exhausted on Saturday. I had to get up early and head to the mall since none of my dresses fit...nor my shoes! I know, I know...I should have figured that out before the day of the wedding but I just thought it would all work. IT DIDN'T!! My lovelies don't fit into any dresses or tops really...you don't realize how big they are when all you wear are tee shirts and tank tops. I tried on every dress...NOTHING fit! So I knew I had to get a dress....but was hoping that my black satin peep toe heels (that I am IN LOVE with) would fit since I am slowly shrinking...but NO! none of my shoes fit except for boots, tennis shoes and flip flops. Needless to say, I ran to Macy's for an hour and luckily found a dress and some heels...all on sale!


Me and Lee at the wedding - he was a groomsman!


Me and Jennifer - Love that girl!!

Leebo, Shannon, Me and Justin - Shannon is Jason's sister and growing up she and Lee always said they would get married. Justin and I messed that plan up evidently! You should see the two of them dance - INCREDIBLE!

The wedding was great...so fun to see everyone! It was a wonderful event...best friends were there...dancing...good food...more dancing...it was fun! Now...you ask where was Eli? Yes, we had a date night because Beka and David were so gracious to keep Eli for us. I dropped him off around 5pm and we didn't get to their house until after 1am. In her sweet voice, Beka said "He was easy...I twirled him in my fingers all night". He was happy...she was happy...we were happy...what more could you ask for?? Much love to Beka and Dave for keeping our little man!!



Eli relaxing in Daddy's arm at Beka and Dave's house - boy, was that bed comfy!!

3 comments:

Jennifer Michelle said...

Great new pictures. We had such a great time thank you again for having us. You failed to metion chicken and dumplings... that really was delicious I need the recipe. News said snow up this way :( I sent Jason that picture to work he said that was in the middle of Amelia crying and we couldnt get over Eli's strong neck. Keep in touch. You looked like you had a great time at the wedding, and I love your dress.
Take care,
Jen

Rebekah said...

I loved, loved, loved keeping Eli, he is so easy! Plus, a lot of ovary twitching was going on with him around. The same way Bodie inspired you back in December, except, I think for now I will resist. :)

I love you!
Bek

Danielle said...

Bodie was all I needed to get pregnant...I mean, I was at your house on Dec. 26th and got pregnant two days later! :) Talk about ovaries twitching...I take the cake on that one! haha

Love you!!