Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Girls Night and 90210

Okay...last one for the day I think! Have I bored you yet??


Last night we had a Girls Night/90210 Viewing Party at my house. Jill, Beka, Kelli and I all gathered in our comfy clothes and settled in for what we thought was going to be a night of Brenda and Kelly reminiscing. Lo and behold! We are old!!! We found ourselves loving the adults in the show and wishing it was all about them. Who cares about high school drama when you have Kelly and Brenda on the same show? AND a hot teacher and principal?? Needless to say, we found ourselves talking over the 90210 lingo (we did still all bob our heads and dance around when the music came on) and finally after an hour of cheesy torture we turned it off. We decided that we could have just as much fun catching up and talking about our lives...so much more interesting than the lives of those that live in Beverly Hills! :)


It was just what the doctor ordered for me...I wasn't feeling too great (the nausea has come back towards the end here) and these girls made me laugh and feel great! Some of the fun topics we talked about....

  • Jill's perfect ponytail and hair all around


  • Kelli's beautiful wash and go curly hair


  • Beka's new blog...urging her to write!! We want to hear!


  • Some birth stories...but not too many bad ones since I was covering my ears!


  • All of their precious kids...Joseph, Presley, Bennett, Jack and Bodie...and little Eli on the way!


  • Friends and what friendship really is


  • Being there for each other


  • Missing the other girls that weren't there


  • Excitement over Eli finally getting here...and ways to make it happen sooner! (Thanks girls! Maybe they will work...)

We started around 7:30pm thinking it would be an early night...but of course it wasn't! They were walking out my door (on a school night no less) after midnight. God bless them because I really needed it...thank you all for coming and can't wait until we do it again!

Roscoe snuggling with Jill - he wasn't supposed to be on the couch but can you blame him for wanting to snuggle up to her! :)


Me eating my 3rd plate of pasta with cheese - yes!

9 comments:

Jill Hill said...

LOVED your post...but you missed a topic that we discussed...

~Danielle and her amazing pregnancy figure!!!

Good grief, the girl looks like a million bucks 2 weeks shy of delivery.

I'm glad me and my blond ponytail are not planning on becoming preggars again. Some seriously stiff competition with you around!! ;O

Thanks for an awesome night!!

still laughing,

Jill

Danielle said...

You are so sweet! I love you!! :)

Jill Hill said...

ditto!! ummmahhh!!

missing winston and roscoe,

me :(

Rebekah said...

You hit the nail on the head, Jill! Danielle make 38 weeks look like 28 weeks, how does she do that?

Thank you for making 90210 a reason to convene and fun friendship a reason to linger. It was a great night!!

Hugs,
Bek

Melinda Williams Moore said...

Aw, look at all the lovely girls! True Story about Jill: Whenever I flat iron my hair, I think of her. No, really, I do. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Because she taught me how to do it correctly at the Holly Hut, and I wound up having a man AND a woman chasing me down at Joe's on the River that night. You remember, you had to save me from them.

That is beauty power, right there! :)

I am so glad you gals had fun!

Danielle said...

haha! I DO totally remember doing your hair at the Holly Hut. Jill is the best at that...AND your followers that night were so lovely! haha Let's go back!

Jill Hill said...

it's amazing what a little flat ironing can do! ;)

although, melinda needs NO help in the beauty dept.

i just laughed out loud about the man and the woman chasing after you...okay..still laughing. hi-larious

kristinandmillie said...

sounds like you broads have a great time!!!

ps....tell eli to please wait to make his appearance until sunday or thereafter!!

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Reunion at the Holly Hut - that's all I have to say!!!
As soon as Dan is ready to load him up, we're going back!!
Ok???
Love you guys!!!