Monday, September 8, 2008

9 more days....

So I am going to try and blog each day (well, the night before) until Eli arrives...think this is such a special time! I am finishing up things here in the house...as most people would say I am nesting. I am also trying to finish up my work load since my last day before maternity leave is Friday. (unless Eli comes early) I am a little stressed and a lot emotional...I have been really clingy towards my mom and towards Lee. I think that could be normal but I am not ashamed if it isn't. I just don't want to be alone right now...feel like this huge thing could happen at any minute and the thought of being alone when it does...well, it is just plain scary!

Since I work from home I am alone all day long (the puppies are sweet but they don't actually count) so when Lee gets home I kinda attack him...poor guy! I have just become this way in the past couple weeks so don't feel too sorry for him! haha Anyway, today was a long day for him and he didn't get home until late and then he basically had to leave to go to his soccer game and won't be home until almost 11pm. What did I do? I had a "mini" meltdown...was cooking some dinner (roasted red potatoes w/ some stewed squash) and just cried and cried. I wanted my husband but he was playing soccer...I wanted my mom but she was making fig jam and too far away for a quick rendezvous...I wanted to call Mary but I decided not too since she has a family of her own and they were probably in the middle of dinner. So what did I do? I crawled on my couch and held my two pups and cried...Eli probably thinks his mom is crazy! Then all of a sudden my phone rings and guess who it is? Mary calling me...she needed to talk too and God just knew what we both needed. Isn't friendship grand?? Especially when God is a part of it and knows exactly what you both need at the exact moment you need it. We both got out what we needed to get out and laughed and just talked...I am better now! To me these two quotes summed up our conversation Mare...thank you!

To the soul, there is hardly anything more healing than friendship.
Thomas Moore (1779 - 1852)

And in the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter and the sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.
Kahlil Gibran (1883 - 1931), The Prophet

3 comments:

kristinandmillie said...

awwww, i feel bad that i was not there when you needed me....please call me next time...

love you!

Danielle said...

You are so sweet...I will next time! Love you so!!

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

We---llllll!!! I had no idea that I was reading a sweet post that would end up being about us.
Thank you for being the kind of friend I can call anytime of day and not feel like you aren't able to take a second and be my sounding board.
So glad the feeling is mutual!!
Love you BIG!!
-me