Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Birdle Daydle!!


Today is my little brother's 29th birthday!! A ritual in our family is to sing the Happy Birdle Daydle Song...hope you enjoy! (my mom's family came up with it when they were kids and it has been passed down)

Wow...I can't believe he is almost thirty...just doesn't seem right! I was just 2 1/2 when my parents brought home this little man...he was so tiny! (not even 6 lbs) I cherished him and thought of him as my personal doll. I kinda still do! (he hates that) We have gone from fighting each other over who got the biggest slice of cake to annoying one another with one finger over the "imaginary line" in the car to being the best of friends! I am seriously one lucky girl...my brother is one of my closest and dearest friends. We don't just see one another on holidays or at family get togethers...no, I usually talk to him every day..sometimes multiple times. We are both lucky that we like each other's better halves...I think sometimes that Lee married me just to be around Cass more! My brother has grown from a small little stinker to a wonderful, awesome man. I am so proud of him and the choices he has made...he is an extremely hard worker and has accomplished so many things in his career...he has an incredibly amazing marriage...and is going to be the BEST uncle little Eli will ever have! He may be rough and tumble to others..but if you really get to know Casper you will find a sweet, sensitive boy that loves to be loved and still gives the best bear hugs around!!

3 comments:

Melinda Williams Moore said...

He is STILL a little stinker! And much to the birthday boy's chagrin, I am incapable of seeing him as "rough and tumble" - he is all mushiness all the time! Thank heavens he is one year closer to thirty...closing that gap!

And I think Lee & I can admit it. We secretly married you guys so that we could hang out with our best friends all the time. It's a perk! :)

Love you, love this post and that picture of nudie Cass is one of my all time favorites. I am determined to have those same blond curls on our kids, so do you hear me internal DNA strands? Curls. Blond. Gimme.

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

We--llllll!!! How precious!!!!!
What a sweet wish from a loving sister!!! That's awesome!!! ;)

Happy Birthday to you, Cass!!!!

xo,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Awww... how sweet. I am a little misty after reading that! love the song danielle, you are quite the singer dude! Happy birthday cass. you know i would have married you long ago if stephen would not have come along?
love this post and i love you cass.
kristin
ps millie is STILL wanting to meet you.