Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Favorite Beauty Products

Okay...so Melinda sent me another challenge by doing a favorite beauty products blog. I really have so many to choose from but here are some of my favorites...sorry there are so many!!

Philosophy Amazing Grace Body Shampoo: I had a client who everytime she came in for a meeting I wanted to sniff her..really! I finally asked her what perfume she was wearing and prayed that is wasn't perfume (b/c I really don't like it) and lo! and behold it wasn't! All about the Philosophy Amazing Grace products...IN LOVE!


Loreal Voluminous Mascara: Ok...if you know me at all you know that I LOVE, LOVE mascara! It is really the one thing that I will not leave the house wearing...well, maybe sometimes if I am just making a midnight run to Taco Bell! haha I have been wearing this mascara since I was sixteen years old and the ex (Brandon)told me I had the prettiest eyes he had ever seen...flash forward 16 years and I still swear by this mascara! AND yes (to Melin and others) I have TRIED other mascaras...but really don't like them!


Proactiv 3 Step Skincare System: I started using this about 6 months ago and my face loves me for it! I don't use it as I should all the time because there again if you know me at all...I HATE to wash my face at night...really need to get better at that!


Neutrogena Body Oil: Melinda turned me on to body oil about four years ago and I have been using it ever since. I mix mine with whatever lotion I am using at that moment and slather it all over my body. I will say I have really soft skin...just hope that it works really well to spare my lady lucious friends from stretch marks!


Cover Girl Lipslicks: (Daring) Melinda who is a product whore (yes I said it!) was cleaning out her product CLOSET a couple years ago and threw in the "bag for Danielle" this lipslick stuff. It is all I wear now for lipstick. I really HATE lipstick and how it feels on your lips...this stuff is sheer and the most perfect color for my skintone. Pop my next favorite on top of it...you are ready to hit the town!


Victoria Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss: (Candy) I picked a couple of these up last summer as little favors for Melin's lingerie shower. Who knew they would be such a hit? I think every single lady who was there (including my mom) swears by these...I have about 5 tubes laying around at all times! Candy is the perfect color by the way! (the only one I wear)


Bare Minerals Bronzer and Cover Girl Classic Pink Blush: For those of you wondering how I get maintain such glowing sking admist this pregnancy (just kidding of course) I owe it all to Bronzer and Blush. I first bought the bronzer right before my wedding to try and acheive that sun kissed look...fell in love with the Bare Minerals Bronzer. Side note...I cannot use all the others as I have very dry skin and it makes my face peel from dryness. Then I add a touch of color to the cheeks, nose and waddle (remember Ally McBeal?)...this adds color to your entire face someone told me. My favorite blush of all time is Cover Girl Classic Pink...it is consistently an Award Winner and it is CHEAP! What more could a girl want??












MAC Eyeshadow: (not the color in the picture) To say I am addicted to MAC eyeshadow is an understatement...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff. My good friend Melissa turned me onto this great product a couple years ago and I swear by it! My all time favorite is Naked Lunch as a all over base and right now I am loving Satin Taupe has my secondary color...it regularly changes though! Plus if you save your empty containers...you get a free one when you turn in 5 empty ones! I am up to 3 empty ones and working on #4 and #5!


Well, I hope you have enjoyed my favorites...I have plenty more if you are interested! We are off to the doctor tomorrow for my 20 week appointment and another ultrasound...THEN I am off to the BEACH!! Woohoo!! A little girls trip for a couple days in Destin...don't care if it rains the entire time...just going to relax! Love you all!

4 comments:

Melinda Williams Moore said...

My favorite part of this post is the "bag for Danielle" part. Every now and then, I read something you've said about us or I have a moment where I realize how much like what I imagined having a sister must feel like. And in my only child somewhat solitary way, I hope I provide you with the same. I love you so huge, and hope you have a fabulous wonderful time at the beach. In light of your past few days at work (and big successes!), you have earned it tenfold.

As for your beauty products, I am loving it! And I will request an encore - I plan on doing hair products at some point.

I love you, you awesome girl, you.

Melinda Williams Moore said...

can i edit that poorly written sentence to say, "...I realize how much this is what i always imagine a sister must feel like". Yeesh. Grammar Police, arrest me.

Amber said...

Philosophy Girl Here!!! Love so many of their products. I've been known to Tivo QVC when they are featuring Philosophy products. Actually, I'll watch QVC when they are featuring any beauty products. It drives Justin crazy!!

How you can sleep with makeup on has always been a mystery to me and my "freshly washed, slathered in products" face. But sleeping in face paint (flashback Disney May 2000)?? I thought you had lost your mind!! :)

Anonymous said...

i am going to try the oil/body lotion thing for sure!! my skin needs some help right now. lots of weird things going on due to hormones!!
thanks for passing on your beauty tips... very much appreciated....i think you and melin should do hair products next, then baby products maybe! i'll have to tell you about the new sling i got to carry millie in! she loves it!! so far.... ;)
kristin