Sunday, April 6, 2008

All you need is love...

Millie is finally here! My cousin, Kristin, had her sweet little girl on Friday around 1pm and she is BEAUTIFUL! I am not just saying that because she is family...that little girl is one pretty gal! Kristin was amazing and is loving being a mom. I headed up to the hospital on Friday to see her with my parents...so crazy to think that I am growing one of those inside my belly! Then Lee, Melin and I headed back on Saturday evening to have dinner with the new parents and chill out. It was such a fun night! The boys drank a couple celebratory beers and watched the Final Four as Melin and I oohed and ahhed over Millie.

I am just so proud of Stephen and Kristin. You can tell they are going to be amazing parents to Millie. She is one lucky girl! They already love her so much and are being so patient with her...learning all about newborns and their needs. Kristin just radiated love! I think this child completed her in a way she didn't know was possible.

If you can't tell by previous posts...my family is my world! You mess with them and I am Mama Bear! I am so blessed to have close, close relationships with my cousins which is rare in this day and age. We all make it a point to be a part of each other's lives instead of just seeing each other on holidays during the year. This week I have been even more aware of how awesome my family is....of course by Millie's birth but also hearing about a friend's loss of a child. Lee's current boss and my old boss just lost his teenage daughter in a car accident a week ago. I didn't know her but to hear people speak of her...she was an angel on Earth! Lee went to Jacksonville, FL this week to her funeral and was so moved by the events and words spoken. I am so incredibly lucky that I haven't gone thru anything like this...but life is short and you never know when someone is going to be taken away. Love, love, love your family and friends unconditionally and without reserve!! You will not get another chance...God just gives us this one life to love and make a difference.

To all of my family and friends out there...I love you from the depths of my soul! You are my world and I could not imagine a day or minute without you. I am so thankful for this new sweet, precious girl that has come into my life...I make a promise now to love her unconditionally and without reserve for the rest of her life! Love you Millie!!

1 comment:

Melinda Williams Moore said...

Back at ya, baby! I echo those sentiments.