Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Four Months...

Can you believe it? I am in shock...how did this happen? :)

Today my sweet boy is 4 months old and I have a mixture of emotions. I love watching him grow and change each day but it also makes me sad that he is getting older. Some people are terrified of newborns...I adored him being so tiny and helpless...but then again I love how interactive he is now! These past 4 months have been the best in my life...I am so blessed!

Here are some of my favorite things about Eli at 4 months:


  • When he wakes up in the morning, he immediately smiles at you and starts kicking his legs as much as he can in his swaddle blanket.

  • His stretches...oh my! So cute!!

  • His love for bath time...he loves the red bottle of shampoo I have in there and the green frog on the wall that holds his toys...he smiles at both and talks to them.

  • When he looks at me and makes little cooing noises when he is tired and getting ready for bed.

  • He gets so excited when Lee gets home...he watches his every move!

  • He loves to look at the dogs and has even reached for them. (they were great!)

  • His love (and mine) for nursing...I am so lucky that he enjoys it!

  • He loves getting his diaper changed on the changing table...he laughs and kicks and squeals...doesn't happen if you change his diaper on the bed or somewhere else??

  • How he grabs for his toys now and smiles at them.

  • When riding in the car he looks out the window and at himself in the mirror.

  • His sweet cheeks...especially at the end of a yawn or while he is nursing.

  • His fuzzy hair...like a little chick. (mmmm...)

  • His love for his Glow Worm...HE LOVES IT! (Thanks Uncle Luke and Aunt Missy)

  • How he laughs at everything now...

  • Super cute when he is standing on your lap and buckles his knees so he can jump. He loves to jump!

Bascially, I love everything...he is a very content, happy baby. The only time he gets fussy is when he is hungry or if you are late getting him to bed. He is a great napper (2 naps a day - one is 4 hours!!) and falls asleep on his on at night and sleeps for about 8 hours straight and then another 3 hours after he nurses. Lee and I are constantly amazed by our love for this child...we just had no idea your heart could love like this! I can't wait to see what the next 4 months bring!

6 comments:

Jennifer Michelle said...

Danielle,

I am speachless, he is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Thats a great picture of all of you.We have to get down there soon. Hope you Holidays went well. Keep in touch.

Jen

Danielle said...

You are so sweet!! I am hoping y'all can get down here soon too. I emailed Jason on Monday - LOVED the outfit you sent for him. I can't wait to put him in it - will post pics!!

Miss you guys - xoxo!!

D

Tracey said...

He is just precious!!! I tell Darren all the time how I want our babies back - I love them at this age but I so miss the baby stage.

After I had Riley, Darren's boss told me now you will know what it's like to wear your heart on the outside.... so true!!!

Love,
Tracey

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

What a precious dumplin-pie!!! I love your little man and can't believe how big and strong he is getting. That little jumping bean is too much!!!
Tell him not to grow one millimeter until I see him next Tuesday!!
Love you!!!
Me

Btw, I love that picture of y'all!!! :)

Melinda Williams Moore said...

He is a little Kangaroo baby, for sure! I'm fascinated by all of the little phases he keeps sweeping through. Four months already, wow!

Cakes said...

Just found your blog and I'm having fun poking around. Your family is so beautiful!