Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow mother's...I can say that now!! :) Today was my first Mother's Day and it was so special. It didn't start off that great...had one heck of a headache and didn't get out of the bed until after lunch. Lee brought me breakfast in bed along with some flowers from he and Eli. Lee went ahead to his mom's without me and enjoyed a nice meal with her and his brothers. We met my family over at my parents house (my headache finally subsided) for a great meal and some yummy desserts. It turned out to be a great, great day!

Just a few words about my mom...she is the best! She is one of my closest friends and someone who has really been there for me during this pregnancy. I think she and I have grown closer over the past five months. She has encouraged me and loved me and hugged me (which I need all the time) and supported me. I could not imagine my life without her...love you Marmalade!

Enjoy some pictures...

My Grandmother and my Mom


Added Melin to the group


Me, Lee and Eli (5 months pregnant)


Tulips from my Grandmother and Peonies from my Dad

5 comments:

Melinda Williams Moore said...

Hey, I remember those pics...from two hours ago! :) Ah, the beauty of digital cameras. Happy Mother's Day, my gorgeous sister. Feeling Eli kick made my afternoon all the brighter, can't wait for all the upcoming changes.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day doll! You look so bohemian like in your long skirt. I love it and the glasses make you look like a sexy momma! Love you and cannot wait to meet mr. ELI!

Jill Hill said...

teary eyed after reading....how sweet!! and you look BEAUTIFUL!!! eli is one blessed little boy to be a part of such a loving and close-knit family!

Amber said...

Love the belly! You guys are adorable! :)

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

. . .And what a wonderful Mother you'll be - I've been waiting for 6 years to share this with you and now, here we are!!! PTL!
We had fun last night, thanks so much for "stopping by". Love being caught up! :)
xo,
me