Tuesday, August 26, 2008
After my meeting with new clients at work, I headed to Mary's to have lunch with her and Sloane. Bailey and her sweet little guy, Landon, were there too so we had a great GIRL TIME lunch! It was really nice! We laughed and Sloane sang Happy Birthday to me and I got to take Audrey to her school (she had forgotten something)....it was just what I needed. I then met my mom to run some errands and then she came over to work at my house. She was helping me get everything organized and rearranged - my bedroom and office/new guest room look great! She is the best and that was the BEST present I could have gotten!!
Lee of course was a dream on my birthday...he woke me up early whispering/singing Happy Birthday in my ear. (could literally just eat him up!) He had cards from him and the dogs and some new perfume....which was all I wanted and needed. He had a pretty good day himself too....Everyone at his work started calling him and wishing him a Happy Birthday. He kept telling everyone that it wasn't his birthday. His birthday is in February...finally he said he figured it out. I worked at Manor Homes for a time and they had gotten our birthdays mixed up...he called to talk to the office manager and sure enough my birthday was listed under February 28th which is his. BUT he got cards, lunch and a homemade pound cake! So...on his way home from work he stopped at the store...got me some flowers and fresh strawberries. He had them cut up and soaking in some sugar by the time I got home and we enjoyed "HIS" birthday pound cake for my birthday celebration! How funny was that!! :)
I got many, many calls and emails from family and friends....I am so loved and definitely blessed! Thank you all for your loving words and silly songs (Cass called me early to sing Happy Birdle Daydle) and blog posts (Mary and Melin). I love you all so!!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Melin, me and my cousin Laura
Opening gifts - Can you see my beat up knees?? haha! :)
Thursday, August 7, 2008
- Riding in our old Honda Accords listening to Indigo Girls and singing at the tops of our lungs
- Going to Chastain (for my birthday) to see Natalie Merchant and it raining...take that back...pouring on us!
- Always liking the same boys...this makes being couple friends so much easier...we both adore each other's husbands (in a platonic sort of way) :)
- Getting handwritten letters or cards in the mail from her every couple weeks...even when I was in college...think I have saved them all!
- Being an "Andelle" to her girls who are like my own...love them to pieces and couldn't imagine my life without them. (hoping Sloane will follow in my footsteps and marry a younger man...ELI!)
- Our mutual love of invitations, stationary and GREAT handwriting!
- Trips to PC Beach...Holly Hut...NYC...Seacrest Beach...Nashville...Charleston...Beth Moore conferences...and many more to come!
- Bible studies at her house....praying over the phone..."God Bless You"...holding tight when scared silly...nothing better!
- Laughing until we were crying...and I mean good ole belly laughing!
- Sharing our families as if they were our own....we know each others aunts, uncles, cousins, great aunts, grandparents...it is priceless!
- Being in each other's weddings...what special, special days! Plus having Audrey as my flower girl.
- Her loving Lee and telling me I was crazy to doubt myself...constantly pushing me in his direction and love...she knew from the moment she met him that he was for me! It took me a while to get over the age difference and that he was my brother's friend.
- Telling me I can do anything I put my mind to...especially this pregnancy! She is a consummate believer and supporter...no matter what!
- Both of us owning up to our faults and mistakes and loving each other in the process.
I literally could go on and on and on...but then you would probably all expect this on your birthday and I don't know if I could do it! haha JK! Mary, I love you, I love you, I love you! You are the first person I call when something bad or good happens....you are my constant...thank you for being you! Hope you had a magical day yesterday! xoxo D
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Friday, August 1, 2008
Danielle: Well, I am so happy...and thanks for calling me. You didn't have to do that and I really appreciate the phone call. It made my day!
(then my dad accidentally hung up on me)